Thursday, October 13, 2016

Getting Schooled: Remember Farmer Brown? (1970's)

The United States Department of Agriculture ran a series of PSA's in the 70's, dating back to about 1973 according to one source, but I can't be sure of that.

In these short bits, a pair of puppets, one being a banjo playing Farmer Brown, would do a short song about various things. In this spot, Farmer Brown and Fred, a horse, sing about energy generated from bread and rice.



There are others, one with a goose, and one with a cow. Used to see these all the time on WSBK back in the day.

2 comments:

Silverstar said...

I too grew up during the 70's. For a time, these spots were all over my local stations.

hobbyfan said...

I'm trying to recall if local stations here in the Albany NY market ran them. I think they did, but I can't remember when.