Friday, October 21, 2016

Spooktober: Mr. Magoo as Dr. Frankenstein (The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo, 1964)

The gimmick to The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo was that Magoo (Jim Backus, Gilligan's Island) was acting in theatrical productions and putting aside his own disability. The usual gags about Magoo being nearsighted are used in the preambles, such as the one coming up, to set up the adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

The opening & closing credits have been edited off.



No rating. I have little memory of seeing this one.

4 comments:

phairhead said...

I saw this on the USA network in the mid-80s, I was about 10 or 11. Scared the tar out of me!

hobbyfan said...

Did you read the book or see the Boris Karloff movie beforehand?

phairhead said...

Never read the book but I have seen the classic Universal movie. Boris Karloff is a legend :D

hobbyfan said...

I've seen the Karloff movie many times. Never read the book, either.