Friday, July 5, 2013

Saturday Morning's Greatest Hits: I Enjoy Being a Boy (In Love With You)(1968)

The Banana Splits employed a number of different singers to record tracks for their soundtrack album, but none of the singers were ever given screen credit, for obvious reasons.

In later years, it was discovered that Ohio Express frontman Joey Levine was the vocalist on this entry, "I Enjoy Being a Boy (In Love With You)", which was definitely aimed at the teenagers in the audience.



Well, it was better than the Express' "Yummy Yummy", don't you think?

2 comments:

magicdog said...

This is on my Banana Splits compilation and it's also one of my favorite songs. It definitely has that psychedelic feel some groups were tapping into at that time.

It deserved to have charted - as far as I know, none of the Splits' work had done so.

hobbyfan said...

I think the only cartoon band that did chart was, of course, the Archies. Josie, Fat Albert, the Hardy Boys, and the Splits missed the boat, and in the Splits' case, they shouldn't have.