Monday, October 26, 2015

Toon Sports: Bailey's Comets in Loch Ness Mess (1973)

From Bailey's Comets.

This mish-mash of roller derby and Wacky Races heads for Scotland, where the Comets unwittingly befriend the Loch Ness Monster, much to the chagrin of the locals. The "evil" teams seek to take advantage in "Loch Ness Mess":

Edit, 11/23/22: We've uncovered a new copy. This one restarts the episode after the closing credits roll.



Now I see why the hometown CBS affiliate whiffed on this show.

Rating: C.

2 comments:

Silverstar said...

"Bailey's Comets" was another one of those shows that I spent my teenage years trying to convince my peers that it existed. "Yes, there was a cartoon that was like 'Wacky Races', but on roller skates! I'm not making it up! It wasn't a hallucination brought on by too many room temperature Otter Pops!".

hobbyfan said...

As I've said, I'd never seen an episode until this one turned up. I knew of the show thanks to some research several years back. It was the first of two series DFE sold to CBS, and at the time CBS was the home of the Dr. Seuss specials DFE was doing (taking over that franchise from MGM).