Thursday, October 22, 2015

Toon Rock: Glitter & Gold (1987)

I'm sure you know by now that there's a live-action feature film based on the 1985 series, Jem. "Jem & The Holograms" opens tomorrow, but there are fears that this will be as big, if not a bigger, bomb than 2001's live-action adaptation of Josie & the Pussycats. To tie you over and get you ready, here's a track from the original series.

"Glitter & Gold" was heard in an episode that aired in March 1987, which, amazingly, was the final original episode of the first season. Talk about a long marathon!


2 comments:

SaturdayMorningFan said...

Judging from the trailer I've seen, the "Jem & The Holograms" movie appears to be the Johnny Bravo episode of "The Brady Bunch", stretched out to 2 hours and with a weird robot thrown in. I rather liked the "Josie and the Pussycats" movie. I think the hilarious mocking of boy bands they did in the first few minutes of the film put me in a good mood and made me predisposed to like the rest of the movie, no matter how silly it was.

hobbyfan said...

I'm reading that Synergy has been rebooted as the robot you referred to, and Eric, the villain from the show, has been rebooted as Erica (Juliette Lewis). That last part alone spells trouble.