Tuesday, October 20, 2020

If you want to watch the classic Peanuts holiday specials, you need to stream

 The current rights holders to the Peanuts specials have decided to take the classics, such as It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, off broadcast TV, and move them to the Apple+ TV streaming service.

You know how it is. It's all about the dolla-dolla bill, y'all. There's more money to be made in streaming these cartoons online, and while Apple will stream it for free for a few days, don't count on them doing that every year. If you don't feel streaming is an option, you might want to see if it's still available on DVD.

Apple's doing the same thing next month with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, but not with December's A Charlie Brown Christmas. I guess they're hoping you buy the stream as a holiday gift, or something.

Here's the intro:



5 comments:

Goldstar said...

I would just buy the DVDs. Sure, $4.99 per month isn't a lot of money, but a colleague informed me that Samsung Smart TVs don't yet have an Apple TV+ app. Imagine going through the process of signing up for the service only to find out that their app isn't compatible with your Smart TV. That happened to me when my father wanted to watch Peacock.

Steven Dolce said...

What kind of evil satanist is behind this mockery?

hobbyfan said...

@Goldstar: I can confirm that, as my brother recently bought a Samsung Smart TV.

@Steven: WildBrain is among the current rights holders, along with Charles Schulz's estate, of Peanuts. I'd imagine one or both signed the deal to move the specials (the entire library) to Apple+ TV. Trust me, Satan has nothing to do with it.

Steven Dolce said...

I wasn't talking about Satan. I wanted to know what kind of evil satanist was behind this mockery. But you answered my question, anyway.

Steven Dolce said...

Good thing I own A Charlie Brown Christmas on VHS.