Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Teenage Toons: The Archies go skiing (1968)

From The Archie Show:

Veronica Lodge (Jane Webb, employing a Southern accent) talks her father into letting the rest of the gang work at a ski resort for a weekend. Of course, you know this won't end well.........



For the life of me, I could never figure out why Veronica was given a Southern accent, when she's as much a Yankee as the rest of the gang. Jane Webb voiced all the female characters and, for example, created a Marilyn Monroe-like voice for Sabrina. To my knowledge, the Lodges weren't from the South.

Rating: B.

Edit, 2/22/18: Had to change the video. "Hot Dog Drag" airs first, followed by the Dance of the Week and "You Make Me Wanna Dance".

2 comments:

magicdog said...

Actually, I didn't know Veronica wasn't a southern belle! I think she's been depicted as one for other TV incarnations because of Filmation!

I wouldn't mind it - she being the spoiled princess and all. In some ways she was a bit of a Scarlett type.

hobbyfan said...

I have to go back and check the Weird Mysteries series, 'cause I think they ditched the Southern accent then.