Sunday, November 18, 2012

The bane of a blogger's existence

Every now and then, I'll go through the backlog of posts here in the Archives, and also in The Land of Whatever, to revisit some past posts. Of late, I've noticed that a lot of the videos I've posted here have been removed from YouTube, and, thus, by extension, unavailable here, either by YouTube, the user that posted it, or at the request of a network or studio due to copyright issues.

It's not cool, I realize that, but that's just the way it is. I've had to edit some posts, but others will wind up being deleted altogether because I can't replace the video(s) at all. As a result, you'll see the post count drop a bit at a time while I attend to this matter. Bear with me, and I apologize for any inconvienence this may cause.

2 comments:

SaturdayMorningFan said...

But if you remove the post, your insightful commentary will be gone as well. Why not leave up the commentary and just delete the video, with maybe a "video currently unavailable" note? That would be preferable, as we could still read what you have to say about the series in question.

hobbyfan said...

It all depends on the subject matter. If I knew anything about downloading DVD's onto my computer, this wouldn't be a problem, since I'd be handling it myself.

For example, there's a "You Know The Voice" post that I'm particularly proud of. The videos that went with it were taken off YouTube recently, and so, I'll take your advice, and make an adjustment to explain the sitch. Thanks.