Saturday, July 21, 2018

Retro Toy Chest: Remember the Snowman Sno-Cone machine? (1970's)

Growing up, it was common for kids to experiment and try to make their own ice cream shakes or sno-cones.

I know, because I tried. Took some fudge bars, mixed some milk, stirred. The only mistake was not using the blender, only because Mom wouldn't have approved, so improvisation was the only way.

Mom never considered getting Hasbro's Snowman Sno-Cone Machine, either. Maybe it's for the best, because it probably would've been broken within a month of its first use at my house. Just sayin'.

You might remember this commercial:



Hasbro would later produce a variant with Snoopy and his doghouse.

No rating.

2 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

We had the Snoopy version (which might still be sold today) in our house! Those things were built pretty good, unless you weren't good about not losing a few things like that shovel or where you put the "Fla-vor-aid" snowman container thingy.

hobbyfan said...

To me, improvisation was a good idea, saving money from flying out of mom's purse, but I don't think the machine would've lasted too long at my house.