Saturday, May 28, 2011

Game Time: Dungeons & Dragons (1983)

Role playing games (RPG's) were very, very popular in the 1980's. I should know. My brother was into this while in high school, and kept a couple of them at home. The most popular RPG of the period was Dungeons & Dragons, which was adapted into a Saturday morning cartoon by Marvel Productions, in conjunction with TSR Games, the makers of Dungeons & Dragons, for CBS in 1983.

As the open, uploaded by Superherocartoonsite, shows, our players are transported into the D & D world through a portal at a carnival. Hokey, I know, but how else to make the show work?

The voice cast includes Don Most (Happy Days, Fonz & the Happy Days Gang) and Adam Rich & Willie Aames (Eight is Enough), along with the seemingly ever-present Frank Welker. Here's the open:



Unfortunately, I never saw the show, as in my area, the program was often blacked out, airing as it did around 11 am (ET). Therefore, no rating.

No comments: