Sunday, September 4, 2022

On The Air: Star Trek: Lower Decks (2020)

 Star Trek: Lower Decks is the first animated iteration of the franchise since the 1973-5 series Filmation & Paramount produced for NBC. However, this one is an over the top comedy-adventure series, now in its 3rd season on Paramount+.

I know some of you might be turned off by the animation from Titmouse, Inc., which is co-producing the series. The Cal Arts style of character designs is the trend du jour in American cable & streaming these days, but had they gone for a more traditional, Trek-accurate look, who's to say if it would have gotten this far, given the tastes of today's animation fans?

I wish I could put an episode up, but after Paramount+ pulled the premiere of Mike Judge's Beavis & Butt-Head less than 24 hours after I'd reviewed it, I'm not taking any chances.


Is it worth getting on DVD? You decide. I'd sooner see it repurposed on Comedy Central.......

Rating: B--.

No comments: