Thursday, December 17, 2015

Getting Schooled: Donald Duck in Math-Magic Land (1959)

I remember seeing this next item at school in my younger days. Can't say exactly when, but I do remember seeing it.

Donald Duck in Math-Magic Land was made available to schools as recently as the middle 70's, and had its television premiere on The Wonderful World of Disney in 1961, two years after its initial release. It's basically a two-actor show, with Clarence Nash as Donald and the seemingly omnipresent Paul Frees as virtually everyone else.

Edit, 9/18/19: Had the change the video, so here's a complete Wonderful World of Disney. Walt Disney opens with An Adventure in Color, followed by Math-Magic Land. I believe QM announcer Dick Wesson had those chores here, too.




I'm pretty sure Donald actually knew something about math---he was just there to represent the kiddo's watching the cartoon.

Rating: A-.

No comments: