Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday Funnies: Arthur & the Square Knights of the Round Table (1966)

Australia's Air Programs International is better known for 1972's adaptation of Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days, and co-producing Hanna-Barbera's Funky Phantom a year earlier. Somewhere around that period (1971-72), the studio imported one of their earlier offerings, Arthur & the Square Knights of the Round Table, to the United States. In my home market, the show aired on Sundays ahead of bowling & pro wrestling.

I didn't see much of this show, but this much I do remember, seeing the opening. Not only were these knights square, but also rather smaller in size than literature tells us. The series lasted just two years in Australia, far longer than it did here. I wasn't that impressed with it, to tell you the truth, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway.

Here's a sample episode:



Rating: D.

No comments: