Sunday, October 16, 2022

You Know The Voices: Pat Harrington & Micky Dolenz (1973)

 From season 3 of Owen Marshall, Counselor-at-Law:

Singer John Denver makes his acting debut, as a son wrongfully accused of killing his terminally-ill mother (Teresa Wright). 

Pat Harrington appears around the 20 minute mark as a prosecutor going over the case with Marshall (Arthur Hill) and his assistant, Danny (Reni Santoni). Micky Dolenz (ex-The Monkees, Funky Phantom) turns up at the 35 minute mark as a record producer who testifies at trial. Look quick, too, for Kristina Holland (ex-Funky Phantom, Courtship of Eddie's Father).

Also co-starring Mike Farrell (ex-The Interns), two years before joining the cast of M*A*S*H.



2 comments:

Mike Doran said...

I went back and checked both your sites, to make sure that you hadn't mentioned this before:
Pat Harrington's DA (Charlie Giannelli, as I recall) was a recurring character throughout the entire three-season run of Owen Marshall.
I'd have to check (and a DVD release would be a big help here), but my recollection was that Harrington appeared in at least a third of all the episodes; he was in a kind of loose rotation with Russell Johnson (as Brenton Grant). There may have been another rotating DA, but I can't call him to mind just now.
What I do recall is that Pat Harrington's Giannelli was fairly easy to get along with, while Russell Johnson's Grant was a real hardass.
As I said above, I'd need to see the shows to know for sure (DVDs, or at least a cable run, would help a lot).

hobbyfan said...

This was the first I'd seen Pat on Owen Marshall, so I wouldn't have known.