Thursday, January 31, 2019

Retro Toy Chest: Remember Skedoodle? (1969)

Practically every child in the 60's & 70's had Ohio Art's Etch-a-Sketch. I know I did. What you may not know is that Hasbro, now the kingpin of toys, created their answer to the iconic product 50 years ago.

Skedoodle only lasted a few years. and, aside from ads like the one you're about to see, I have zero memory of ever seeing this in stores as a teenager.

This spot, reportedly, is from 1982.



Like, if you remember this product, drop me a line.

4 comments:

Goldstar said...

I do remember that commercial, but I don't think that I've ever seen the product being sold in any stores.

hobbyfan said...

Probably not enough demand.

Jeff said...

I had one that I inherited from an older cousin in the mid 80s. It didn't have those guide plates, though. I don't remember the ad at all.

hobbyfan said...

Hey, thanks for sharing, just the same.